The uniform policy fosters an environment conducive to learning and respectful behavior. Final decisions
regarding the school uniform rest with the principal. OLOP sponsors a used uniform sale once a year.
This is usually held at our Back To School event.
Children should dress appropriately for weather conditions including boots or change of shoes for snowy
days. Hats and gloves are to be worn for cold weather because children will go outside for recess in cold
conditions. Some days, considering temperature and wind chill factors, students will be outside for
shorter periods to provide a fresh air break.
School Uniform Policy (Grades K through 5)
There is no uniform policy for Preschool.
Parents: Please review this policy with your children. With your assistance you can avoid the inconvenience of being called to bring the appropriate clothes for school. If you are in need of financial assistance for uniform purchases, please contact the school office.
Pants and Shorts
- Grades K-5 color: Navy
- Classic traditional dress pants/shorts available at Sears, Walmart, Kohls, Target.
- Girls pants and shorts must be pleated or flat front. These may be purchased through our school uniform company Sunshine Uniforms. They must be straight or regular leg.
- Cuffs are optional.
- Pants/shorts must sit at the waist and should not be tight fitting, oversized, baggy or low waisted.
- Midriff baring styles are NOT acceptable.
- Dress belts must be worn in belt loops. Belts should be PLAIN navy, brown or black.
- Shorts may be worn from the start of school in August until October 1, and then again April 15 until the end of the school year.
- Shorts must be hemmed to just above the knee.
- The following do not conform to dress code: cargo pants, extra pockets, stretch fabric, flared legs, large labels, rivets and jean style.
Option to girls available at Sunshine Uniforms or Lands End:
- Plaid jumpers Grades K-2
- Plaid Skirts Grades 3-5
- Plaid Skorts Grades 2-5
- Items must be hemmed to just above the knee.
- Grades K-5 color: solid white or powder blue golf style. These are allowed to be worn on non-church days.
- Long or short sleeves.
- Knit, golf style shirts with 2-3 buttons.
- On church days boys MUST wear a plain white button down. These can either be short or long sleeve.
- On church days boys are required to wear a tie that is provided by OLOP.
- On church days girls MUST wear a plain white polo/golf shirt. Pale blue shirts are not permitted on church days.
- Shirts may not be tight fitting or over-sized; stretch fabric is not allowed.
- Turtleneck tops are to be worn under a sweater, jumper, or vest.
- All tops must be long enough at the bottom to be tucked in at all times.
Sweaters and sweatshirts
- Color: solid navy blue or white
- Plain cardigan, v-neck or crewneck pullover style or sleeveless vest.
- Gym uniforms can be purchased through the school.