According to the National Institute for Early Education Research (NIEER), children who attend a high-quality preschool enter kindergarten with better pre-reading skills, richer vocabularies, and stronger basic math skills than those who do not. In a loving, Catholic, family environment, St. Peter Preschool serves children ages 3-5. Ask about our Preschool Education Grant.
St. Peter’s Catholic Church Preschool strives to provide a creative learning environment for the young child. In this program it is our aim to provide young children with a wide variety of developmentally appropriate experiences which will stimulate curiosity, challenge physical and intellectual abilities, foster creativity and encourage self expression and self-worth.
St. Peter’s Preschool seeks to develop basic Christian values primarily through exposure to a loving Christian environment. Within the Catholic school setting, the school activities of the elementary school are shared with the preschoolers as they are appropriate. It is our hope that this program will touch each child’s life in a positive way, provide a support to the parent in forming good habits and social skills, and help to ease the sometimes difficult transition from home to school.
Goals and objectives
- To offer a warm, safe environment that provides love and care for children while they grow socially and emotionally.
- To help children develop a positive concept by providing frequent opportunities to succeed.
- To expose children to a wide variety of age-appropriate learning experiences leading to the development of pre-academic skills.
- To continue to develop good habits of personal hygiene in the children.
- To provide a variety of experiences designed to stimulate and foster self-expression, creativity and curiosity.
- To communicate closely with parents to better understand the individual child and his or her special gift and needs.
- To stimulate and challenge physical and intellectual abilities.
- To foster a healthy and positive attitude towards school.
- To expose children to a wide variety of age appropriate books and oral literature, to foster an enjoyment of language, a love for reading and to develop and expand vocabulary skills.
- To nurture wholesome Christian growth by providing an environment of acceptance, love, respect and fellowship in the preschool community.
- The child must be capable of profiting from the program.
- The child must be 4 years old by September 30 of the school year.
- The child must have potential to function successfully in a group.
- The child must be toilet trained. ** If there is a concern about a child’s readiness for the program offered by St. Peter Preschool, the teacher, director and parents will meet to make a decision about the child’s participation.
Siblings of children enrolled at St. Peter School or preschool are given enrollment preference. St. Peter School is a Catholic preschool intended to provide a Catholic education to children of families who are registered members of St. Peter parish and neighboring Catholic parishes. Nonparishioners and non-Catholics will be considered for admission when space permits. St. Peter School admits students of any race, color, gender, nationality or ethnic origin.
- Registration form and fee
- Birth and baptismal certificate
- Child custody (copy of court order) documents if applicable
- Immunization records
- Medical information- letter of permission from a physician for the child to enter school (forms are available from the school office)
- Social Security Number
JFS Swipe Card available for qualifying families.