Our History

 
Central Catholic High School was founded in 1946 when Mt. Marie Academy (founded in 1905) and St. John High School (founded in 1925) merged to educate both young men and women.

For more than six decades, Central Catholic has strived to live its mission – to develop in our students, faith, academic excellence, leadership, and a commitment to service and social justice.

Central Catholic sits on a 65-acre campus. In 2008 the school completed $3.2 million in renovations and upgrades.  The old heating and electrical systems were replaced, academic spaces were vastly improved with dramatic upgrades to science and math classrooms, a graphics computer lab, art rooms, and the offices and main entrance were remodeled. A new chapel was built during the 2012-13 school year and the gymnasium was remodeled in the summer of 2014.  Other projects include new restrooms, a new baseball stadium, and a completely renovated football stadium. In 2017 new tennis courts and turf were installed, our outdoor patio for senior study hall was expanded, and our landscaping was updated,  along with restoration of our outdoor Grotto. In 2019 a new track was laid in our football stadium.

A strong college preparatory curriculum is available to all Central Catholic students. Approximately 99% of each graduating class attends college.  Our academic program helps students far exceed the state and national percentiles on the ACT, SAT, and AP tests.

The academic offerings are enhanced by a competitive athletic program, an outstanding arts program including band, choir, and a drama department, competitive speech and debate, our campus ministry programs, and other strong student activities. 
© 2019. Stark County Catholic Schools. All Rights Reserved.