Central Catholic offers several programs to help make tuition affordable for all families. Cost should never prevent a student from obtaining a high quality, Catholic education.
Tuition Incentive Programs
Discounts are offered to families that fit one or more of the following (families are eligible for one/more if they apply):
Alumni Discount – Deduct $250
- Son/daughter of a CCHS alumnus, one per child (up to 3 children)
Multiple Siblings Discount – Deduct 5% off of the total tuition bill for the family
- For families with more than one student attending Central Catholic
- 3 or more students – take 50% off of the youngest sibling’s tuition cost
Refer a New Family – Deduct $250
- For families who recommend a new student (the new student must enroll for classes at CCHS and transfer from a non-Diocese of Youngstown school), one-time deduction.
- Elementary School Discount - Deduct $400 off of the total tuition bill for the family
- For families with a younger sibling who is attending a Stark County Catholic Elementary School.
Non-Traditional Student – Deduct $250
- For families who transfer from a non-Diocese of Youngstown school, one-time deduction
Pay in Full Discount – Deduct $100
- Families that pay their tuition costs in full by August 1 receive a discount
Tuition Grant Options
Families may apply for one or more of the following on an annual basis. These programs are based on the financial need of each family. Our annual Crusader Challenge Drive helps fund these programs. All grants are confidential. Aid is determined once information is submitted to SmartAid (the link is located on the right side of this page).
Parish Tuition Subsidy
- Families who are active members of a Stark County Catholic parish receive the built-in parishioner tuition rate (reflected above in the tuition cost).
Memorial & Honorary Grants
- Over seventy-five Memorial and Honorary Grants are provided each year. These grants are based on the following criteria: financial need, evidence of academic progress, Christian example, service to others, and interest and involvement in school and/or community, including parish.
Youngstown Diocesan Grant (In memory of Mary Ellen Cushwa Wolsonovich)
- This grant is provided by the Diocese (not CCHS) and is based on the family’s financial need determined by SmartAid tuition assistance. Families must complete the digital SmartAid application. The deadline for this scholarship is April 14, 2019.
- Student Scholarship Agreement
- Students may volunteer to earn tuition credit by volunteering on summer crews.
Parent Scholarship Agreement
- Parents may volunteer to earn tuition credit toward their son/daughter’s tuition. Volunteer hours can be accumulated in the school cafeteria or other maintenance areas. Maintenance hours are scheduled after-school and in the evening, cafeteria and kitchen house are available during the day.
- Central Catholic is a provider of the State of Ohio voucher program. Families eligible for these state-funded scholarships must meet state designated financial need levels or have students assigned to a state-designated list of public schools. Please visit the State of Ohio website on the right side-bar.
RJS Foundation Scholarships
- The RJS Foundation awards scholarships based on need, desire to continue your Catholic education and your future goals. RJS awards scholarships from $1,000 to $5,000. To apply for these scholarships please visit http://www.rjscanhelp.com/. Applications must be completed in full to be eligible for consideration. A representative from RJS Foundation will contact Central Catholic to let the school know if a family qualifies. All scholarships will be awarded in May.
Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union Scholarships
- Each year the Ohio Catholic FCU awards scholarships to students who currently attend Catholic high schools. Scholarships are awarded based primarily upon need and given in the amount of $500. In order to apply, families must be a member of the Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union and willing to submit proof of income. Online applications can be accessed at Ohio Catholic FCU beginning January 28 to early March. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the Catholic school in the name of the family
CCHS Band Scholarships
- Band members may apply for Band Scholarships worth up to $500 per year by participating in Marching and Concert Bands. It is not necessary to file with SmartAid. Interested families should contact the Band Director for more details.
Academic scholarships are not based on financial need and are awarded through the Guidance Department. Applications for the scholarships listed below are available to incoming freshmen students for the following school year. To be considered, students must take a scholarship qualifying test, please call the main office for details at 330-478-2131.