Key Club International is a service leadership organization for high school students. It is jointly sponsored by a local Kiwanis club composed of the leading businesses and professional people of the community.
Key Club International provides more than 12 million hours of service to homes, schools, and communities each year. From building bridges to collecting tons of food to helping eliminate iodine deficiency disorder, Key Club International plays a vital role in serving the children of the world.
Every Key Club has the authority to select its own service projects. However, all Key Clubs are asked to participate in the Major Emphasis, which is “Children: Their Future, Our Focus.”
Key Club is an international student-led organization that provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character and develop leadership.
We are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide.
The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring, and inclusiveness.
I pledge, on my honor, to uphold the Objects of Key Club International; to build my home, school, and community; to serve my nation and God, and to combat all forces which tend to undermine these institutions.
Caring–Our Way of Life
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and application of higher standards in scholarship, sportsmanship, and social contacts.
- To develop, by precept and example, more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, render unselfish service, and build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and goodwill.