St. Thomas Aquinas offers several programs to help make tuition affordable for all families. Cost should never prevent a student from obtaining a high quality, Catholic education.
School-Funded Tuition Assistance, Grants & Scholarships
$1 Million in school-funded tuition assistance & scholarships is awarded to our families each year!
Tuition Grant & Scholarship Options
Families may apply for one or more of the following on an annual basis. Some of these options have deadlines to apply, please note those deadlines. We also have rolling financial aid packages available. All grants and scholarships are confidential. Aid is determined once information is submitted to FACTS (the link is located on the right side of this page).
- Parish Tuition Scholarship - Families who are active members of a Stark County Catholic parish may apply for a scholarship.
- Memorial & Honorary Grants - Memorial and Honorary Grants are provided each year. These grants are based on the following criteria: financial need, evidence of academic progress, Christian example, service to others, and interest and involvement in school and/or community, including parish.
- Youngstown Diocesan Grant - (In memory of Mary Ellen Cushwa Wolsonovich) This grant is provided by the Diocese (not STA) and is based on the family’s financial need determined by FACTS tuition assistance. Families must complete the digital FACTS application. Click here for details about applying for DOY Scholarship. To apply follow the FACTS link to the right.
- Scholarships - Please refer to the list provided on this webpage of all current scholarship opportunities at Aquinas. If a student meets the criteria provided by each scholarship foundation, students are encouraged to apply for these scholarships annually.
- Legacy Alumni Scholarship - Families may apply for this scholarship if the applying student has parents who attended a Stark County Catholic High School. Alumni scholarships are provided each year upon application.
- Stark County Catholic Elementary School Scholarship - Families may apply for this scholarship if the applying student will also have a younger sibling attending a Stark County Catholic Elementary School. This scholarship is offered each year upon application.
- Scholarship Agreement - Students may volunteer to earn tuition credit by volunteering on summer crews.
- Parent Scholarship Agreement (Work Study) - Parents may volunteer to earn tuition credit toward their son/daughter’s tuition. Volunteer hours can be accumulated in the school cafeteria or other maintenance areas. Maintenance hours are scheduled for after-school and in the evening, cafeteria and kitchen house are available during the day.
- Non-Traditional Student Discount - Students may qualify for a discount on their first year's tuition when transferring from a public school.
- Multiple Sibling Discount - Families may qualify for a discount on their total tuition bill if they have multiple children attending Aquinas.
Outside Funding Tuition Assistance, Grants & Scholarships
$1 Million in outside funding is awarded to our families each year in tuition assistance & scholarships!
- EdChoice & EdChoice Expansion Scholarship - St. Thomas Aquinas High School and Middle School is a provider of the State of Ohio School Choice program. Families eligible for these state-funded scholarships must meet state-designated financial need levels or have students assigned to a state-designated list of public schools. Please visit the State of Ohio website for more information.
- Jon Peterson Scholarship - St. Thomas Aquinas High School and Middle School is a provider of the State of Ohio School Choice Jon Peterson Program. This scholarship is available to students who are eligible to attend kindergarten through 12th grade and have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) from their district. The amount of each scholarship will be based on the primary disability condition identified on the student's Evaluation Team Report (ETR). Please visit the State of Ohio Website for more information.
- Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union Scholarships - Each year the Ohio Catholic FCU awards scholarships to students who currently attend Catholic high schools. Scholarships are awarded based primarily upon need and given in the amount of $500. In order to apply, families must be a member of the Ohio Catholic Federal Credit Union and willing to submit proof of income. Online applications can be accessed beginning January 28 and ending in early March. To learn more visit Ohio Catholic FCU. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the Catholic school in the name of the family awarded the funds no later than mid-August.
- Teachers’ Confederation Scholarship - The Youngstown Diocesan Confederation of Teachers donates toward a scholarship fund. Freshmen attending STA and other diocese schools are eligible to win this scholarship. The freshmen must have a 3.0 or higher GPA and must show leadership and responsibility. Each winner will receive $100, renewable yearly, applied toward their STA tuition. A 3.0 GPA must be maintained all four years. Interested students should obtain an application and reference sheets from the Guidance Office at St. Thomas Aquinas.
High School Tuition Costs
The actual cost to educate a High School student per year: $13,390
2022-2023 tuition cost for non-Catholic parishioners: $10,250
2022-2023 tuition cost for Catholic parishioners: $8,995
2023-2024 tuition cost for non-Catholic parishioners: $10,560
2023-2024 tuition cost for Catholic parishioners: $9,265
Middle School Tuition Costs
2022-2023 tuition cost: $5,500
2023-2024 tuition cost: $5,500