The health and safety of our school community is our top priority. This page is intended to inform our community how St. Thomas Aquinas is handling the ever-evolving scenarios associated with COVID-19. Please review this information as we work together to stay healthy and safe while maintaining in-person learning.
COVID-19 Reporting Structure
In compliance with the governor's order, our school will report any confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 to our local health departments within 24 hours and keep our school families informed by parent alerts within 24 hours. Stark County and the State of Ohio track the number of cases at all schools and maintain a dashboard.
St. Thomas Aquinas Distance Learning Plans
Return to School Plans
Our school follows the guidelines set by our local health department, the State of Ohio, and the Diocese of Youngstown. We are open for in-person learning, 5 days a week. Our staff is implementing best practices for COVID-19 safety protocols. For more information read the Diocese of Youngstown's updates:
COVID-19 Visitor Protocol
We are doing all we can to continue in-person learning and we need your help! One way we can control the spread of COVID-19, is to limit visitors to the building. We ask all families to honor these visitor protocols:
- Use ONLY the front entrance and buzz in before entering, even if someone is at the door.
- Coming into the school is by APPOINTMENT ONLY, appointments are needed to meet staff.
- Please wear a mask when in the building.
- When you arrive for a scheduled appointment, buzz in at the front doors to enter and then go to the Attendance Office to sign in. When in the building, go only to the area where your appointment is located, we want to keep visitors to the front of the school.
- If you need to drop something off such as a lunch, tuition payment, signed forms, etc.. please drop those things right outside of the front door and buzz to let the staff know they’ve been delivered or use our dropbox that is to the right of the doors.
- If you are picking a student up before school is over for any reason, parents/guardians do not need to come in, pull up at the circle in the front and call the Attendance Office at 330.875.1631 to let us know you’re out front. Please note, our policy for early dismissal is that your student should present a note to the attendance office from their parent/guardian in the morning informing us of an early dismissal that day.
At this time, we do not have restrictions on the number of visitors attending events in our athletic facilities. We do ask all fans to be mindful of COVID-19 safety protocols and best practices.
Stark County Health Department Resources: